9.03.2012

Greenhills and Shakey's Family Day



Mom and I had an earlier conversation about Unimart and that she hasn't been to Greenhills for quite a while. Just to give you an idea, when we do our bulk groceries back in college, Unimart is our go-to place. The travel distance is not a joke coming from Antipolo, where we used to live, but we just find the entire place a perfect destination for grocery and shopping needs. And since I'm currently almost running out of work clothes to wear, I decided to drag the three of them to Greenhills. I'm not surprised to see busy shoppers at the tiangge area. I've also sighted a few lovely satchels. Really tempted to buy but I don't need one. My MK and LC should be my last bag purchases until December! hohoho! Speaking of which, have you heard Christmas carols yet? Pinoy's are always way ahead of time and I shrieked with glee when I've thought of our soon colorful Christmas tree with my little girl below. 

Shakey's Greenhills Shakey's Greenhills

We all got exhausted after sweeping the stalls at the ground floor and if you got great bargaining skills, then you can always stretch your budget with a little more items. We ended our hop at the pearl stores where Mom got a lovely South sea pearl stud earrings in lavender.

Shakey's Greenhills

And since Shakey's Pizza is just at the further side of the exit door, we hurried in to get better seats. That must be a very busy Sunday for them, the whole place is full and we're just lucky that one group left to have a free table. From the time we were seated, it took about 15 minutes just to take our orders, another 10 for the drinks and about 20 -25 minutes  (from order taking) to serve our pizza. Never mind, I took photos of them instead while Daphne kept us entertained. She's starting to pronounce her own choice of words and we are really happy to hear them all. She mimics TV commercials and would dance whenever she hears a jolly song.

Shakey's Greenhills Shakey's Greenhills

For the food, we settled for their group meal that includes a basket of mojos and 3 pieces crispy chicken, a pitcher of iced tea and large Manager's Choice thin crust pizza. Forgot what this group meal is called but it costs about 700. We also added a Classic Spaghetti for Daphne.

Shakey's Greenhills

I will always love Shakey's mojos, come what may, but this basket is too limited.
Chicken is indeed crispy but tasted a bit salty for me.

Shakey's Greenhills

The spaghetti, I'm not sure what to tell. For me, it lacks taste and the sauce was a bit watery.

Shakey's Greenhills

Our starters were almost empty when our pizza arrived but it's worth the wait. Thank you for the perfect pan pizza! I'm just sad that part of the menu lacks consistency. Next time, I'd rather pay for separate orders than settle for any group meal. Hubby said that maybe it's because it's a busy Sunday and they need to fill the orders quickly, but really, is that an acceptable reason? If I pay Php950 for our Php1000 food receipt, would they even consider?

Shakey's Greenhills

Anyhow, this is a happy family Sunday for us so I'd rather cross out whatever blocks the positive vibes. We also visited my mother-in-law and it was my first time to see Daphne that happy while eating ice cream with her cousins. Hope you all had a great weekend! ♥

Much Love,
OneGutsyMom

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love Shakey's! Seeing those crunchy mojo potatoes and garlic bread made my tummy growl. Hehe. Glad you had a great Sunday with your family, too. Nag-ice cream din kami. Weeeee! :)

    Honney
    www.iamsupermom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The little girl looks so cute! Happy family! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! xx