9.17.2012

Let’s Move & Let’s Love



Since I became a first time Mommy 18 months ago, I came to realize that a Mother's love is indeed without boundaries. I used to think of myself alone and my personal needs, I realized how selfish I was without considering a thought of extending a major act of kindness to anyone who is very much in need. All I know is that I need to earn so I can maintain a lifestyle and travel as much as I can, without even sparing an amount as any form of pledge.

Now, my eyes have finally seen a lot of distressed families, especially those affected during the recent typhoons whom I thought I can help in my own little ways. I watched one documentary a few months ago about the suffering of a single Mother who's painfully watching her kids' situation. There is no mode of transportation in their area so these kids need to walk about six to seven kilometers back and forth just to reach their primary school. They said that they can bear the long walk even in barefoot however what's more challenging is the fact that they need to stay at school for a day without having anything to eat. Aside from that, oftentimes they can't even afford to buy a pen or paper.

I was so moved and burst into tears while watching it, saddened by the fact that some of these kids decided to stop studying at the middle of the school year. I then placed myself in the Mother's situation and felt the agony if you are unable to give the best education that you want for your child, especially to your kids who are more than willing to learn from school. 

This led me to a small step which is to pledge a few amount each day that can certainly help one deserving kid here in our country. Having your own foundation is like shooting the moon but why not share the love by having one scholar for a school year to start with? The idea makes me truly happy as a person and as a Mom, and after series of research, I've come up with the best organization who can support this advocacy.

Having said all these, it's never too late dear friends so let's move and let's love! Now's the time to act with kindness may it be with a good gesture or something romantic. In line with this, United Colors of Benetton launches two of their newest fragrances, Let’s Move for men and Let’s Love for women. These fragrances will challenge us more to come up with different ways to move and love. Why not click the photos below to find out this latest offer. ♥




Much Love,
OneGutsyMom

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! xx