9.21.2012

Cafe Juanita, Burgos Circle



It was a funny ride going to Cafe Juanita in Burgos Circle. We were first instructed to meet the other half of the team at CBTL High Street, so we went off straight not knowing that what was meant was CBTL Burgos Circle. Funny how the ride literally went into circles! Good thing Dan's the one driving, otherwise, we'll all panic. Haha! Anyway, it felt so invigorating dining to a place where I don't frequent a lot. I am more familiar with BHS, although if you ask me where a particular shop is exactly located then I'm definitely not the best person to give you instructions. So going back to Cafe Juanita, it has been a month-long plan to visit this resto and originally planned to check out the Kapitolyo branch. 

Cafe Juanita, Burgos Circle

I think Cafe Juanita is known for having a bohemian interior. You can see laces, sequins, knitted chair covers and bright tiny lights. It also has this gypsy feel, I was hoping to see a crystal ball or something.

Cafe Juanita, Burgos Circle

We took the liberty of taking photos while all other tables are unoccupied. See how tables and lamps are covered in unconventional cloths. These lovely angel figurines also captured my attention.

Cafe Juanita, Burgos Circle Cafe Juanita, Burgos Circle

Their chandeliers are also the main attraction. Really there's a lot of decorative objects around. We were seated at the second floor which can accommodate a bigger group and where the air condition is almost at freezing point. Brrrrr!

Cafe Juanita, Burgos Circle Cafe Juanita, Burgos Circle

See the vintage photos perhaps of the first Cafe Juanita used as the menu cover. This reminds me of horror or suspense movies during first world war.

Cafe Juanita, Burgos Circle

Although I kinda liked how the table was arranged. Mixed and matched patterns neatly laid are wonders that only an artistic eye can do.

Cafe Juanita, Burgos Circle Cafe Juanita, Burgos Circle

We picked a few orders of Yang Chao and Crab rice and I think they were both good. Main course are the infamous Crispy Pata, Beef Kare Kare, Pinakbet. Nothing very remarkable about these dishes but they tasted like home-cooked meals, meaning the ingredients weren't limited and neither hurried to be cooked. This is one thing that please customers like me who keeps coming back. How I wish most restos would keep up to that.

Cafe Juanita, Burgos Circle

The Crispy Pata is expected to be crunchy, juicy and tender.
I just wish they can make a little twist on their sauces.

Cafe Juanita, Burgos Circle

I think the one on top is the Vegetable Curry with tofu which I would want to try at home. This deep fried Lapu Lapu was presented like a butterfly, it's good that I didn't taste the oil.

Cafe Juanita, Burgos Circle
(Too late to realize I'm seated at the end of the table, no decent photos of the food.)
The entire food experience was generally ok and our bill is reasonable. (Php3,8 for 8 people) This deserves a second visit most probably with the family. If you ask me about the interior, I think the one in Kapitolyo is more eccentric. I wonder why others say it has a cozy ambience. For me, the style is diverse and overdone for an intimate gathering, but if you're with a bunch of people who are as funny and crazy as the glittery surroundings then this is a perfect spot to gather unlimited photos. Plates will surely be wiped out after.

Cafe Juanita, Burgos Circle

You may click this link  to view the rest of the photos.
They were all taken in automatic mode and flash is mostly  turned on.

Cafe Juanita
Burgos Circle, Fort Bonifacio
Taguig City
(02) 403-1952


11 comments:

  1. woooh i so love the interiors! price was good for 8 people, huh? i would love to dine there soon !

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always eat and bring clients here:) super sarapssa cafe juanita but i always eat in their pasig branch :)
    Rovie,

    The Bargain Doll

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks cool, as well as a fun place to eat and hang out at...

    ReplyDelete
  4. the food looks delish!
    but the interior looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super love the ambiance. and the yang chow looks so full of crab bits. :) must try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know they had a branch at Burgos Circle! Love their catfish salad and that kare-kare you had looks good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never dined there but after seeing all those yummy food, I want to go right away,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very curios about their branch in Pasig, will definitely try some time. Good luck on your styling gig! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, the yang chow rice itself can already make you full! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too, my colleagues did a good research. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Must! :) Thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! xx