5.12.2012

A Taste of Sanctuario

It was our Director's first visit this year in Manila and after three busy weeks, we finally had the chance to book him for dinner. This is relatively different from his previous invitations wherein we go straight to a bar for some few drinks and then head to EDSA Shangrila for a buffet dinner at HEAT Resto.

Instead of sipping margarita as early as 4pm, we all decided to kill some time at Elbow Room and play pool. It's been a decade since the last time I held a cue stick, it's exciting at the same time as I'm not sure if my hands are still stable if I hit the cue ball. We played singles and doubles. Singles for the champions and doubles which nearly took 30mins per game. Ha ha! Overall, it was fun and it made me realize how cool a woman can be who's engaged in sports.

We were lucky to have an early reservation at A Taste of Sanctuario. I didn't know that there's a hidden restaurant just behind the busy Metrowalk square. According to my colleague, this restaurant is originally from Tagaytay City so I immediately thought if there's crispy Tawilis in the menu or perhaps the famous Bulalo? I wasn't disappointed that night, in fact they even have this Bulalo Pasta. Filipino cuisine is really promising, as always.

IMG_1698

I wanted to take pictures of all the food we ordered, including that pasta, but I felt too awkward to pass my camera as we were seated in a long table. Besides, I understand that our guys were too hungry to ingest everything that was served. 

I think the servings were quite few though. They should have at least something that's good for two or three. I admire the atmosphere inside and there were only three or four tables for two aside from us. Best of all, the food tasted really good! Everyone agreed that the Crispy Tawilis is appetizing paired with that dark colored vinegar. Our boss ordered Lamb Chops while the rest played with the menu, afterall, it's  a treat for the team! 

It was indeed a pleasant night spent with my colleagues, old and new. 

IMG_1699

IMG_1700  IMG_1702 
IMG_1703  IMG_1701

IMG_1690

G/F Metrowalk Complex, Meralco Ave.,
Pasig City

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xx