11.28.2014

Chili's x Hi-5 Family Day

Chili's
After a heavy week with a series of not so good news here and there, we eventually had the chance to break the negative setbacks that weekend. It was only a few days before the proper event when I learned that Hi-5, the famous Australian children's musical group, will be coming over to perform at SM Megamall. I felt giddy and excitedly shared the news to my daughter who's as ecstatic as me. In fact, she did her own countdown until that Saturday. 

Chili's
We arrived a bit early as we need to shop a certain amount first to get the free passes. But as soon as we stepped in the mall, I knew we couldn't make it. Hubby confirmed if there were slots available but unfortunately, everything were sold out until Sunday's event. We also found a very long queue on one side of Bldg B - these people successfully got their tickets but need to wait like that until the event starts. It must be tiring for the kids but I'm sure they loved it.

Chili's Chili's
If only I had the chance to go to the mall before the event, I'd definitely shop earlier to ensure my daughter's tickets. Maybe next time. They will be having a concert come December in Resort's World Manila but tickets are way too expensive! I'd rather spare it for our travel funds next year. Instead of feeling low and guilty, we headed to Chili's for our late lunch. It was the little girl's first time to eat there and she liked it. Here's our orders:

Chili's Chili's
Bottomless Iced Tea P105

Chili's
Little Chicken Crispers and Fries P190

Chili's
Beef Salpicao P595

Chili's
Chicken Enchilada Pasta P440

We definitely enjoyed the food. I'm proud that my little girl finally joined us with the orders. No more fast food take outs this time! If you read this old post, hubby ordered the same food though he said it might be a whole lot different if he was served plain rice only. Pinoy na Pinoy talaga! :) I on the other hand loved my unique pasta dish.

Hi5 in Manila
Soon after we finished our food, we came back to the venue and it was jam-packed! I even saw my cousin's family who's there too for her son. In all fairness, Hi-5 has a huge impact on toddlers. When Daphne was almost two years old, I felt slightly sad because she doesn't appreciate the show. She'd rather watch Barney on her iPad. I remember her seated on her high chair watching it.

Hi5 in Manila
But a little before she turned 3 years old, her mornings wouldn't be complete without her singing and dancing with her favorite Casey. Sayang, the group had new casts na but they were equally talented as the old members. 

Hi5 in Manila
When the host finally introduced the group, the crowd went crazy! Kids were dancing as they sing along, so fun to watch them! Even older people (particularly women) went wild screaming for Stevie's name! We stood at the right side of the stage, just few steps away from them. 

Hi5 in Manila
Here's my daughter showing off her Hi-5 pose! Kudos to Daddy who's strong and eager enough to carry her the entire duration of the show. Mind you, she's really heavy and busog pa so I'm sure hubby went slightly numb! LOL. Here's the funniest part, my daughter wasn't quite satisfied just watching them. She keeps telling us "Mama, I want to go there, I want to talk to them!". Oh dear daughter, anything for you, you know I would if I could! I promise next time, we'll make it to the meet and greet session. And I'll make sure to like the official Facebook pages talaga so I am well-informed about any upcoming events, especially for kids.

Have you watched the Hi-5 show too, mommies? How was the experience? :)


********************
I welcome your thoughts on this post and will try my best to reply on your questions. Please feel free to share if you enjoyed reading!
For frequent updates:
Like OneGutsyMom on Facebook
Follow @Onegutsymom on Instagram and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! xx