2.04.2013

This Year's First His and Hers



Just want to share the best purchases we've first made to start off this year. Admittedly, hubby and I are both gadget geeks. It's a good thing that I've now learned to resist reading gadget reviews for over a year and it saved me a lot from a wholly expensive lifestyle. Hubby, along with his interests on mountaineering equipment, still managed to check some reviews on YouTube. One thing strongly remained though and that is our loyalty for Apple products. And if you're one of us, you definitely knew that iPhone5 was released during the last quarter of 2012. Manila finally announced its release last December 14. Yes, I was one of those who ordered on line to have the latest iPhone on my hands on the exact launching date, but fate was not with me. There was a bit of inconsistency, perhaps the lack of anticipation on projected sales. Anyhow, it finally landed to me on January 2nd.


Finally, you're here! I'm one happy Mommy! #globeiphone5

I was in a very frustrated situation that morning. As much as I'd like to attract positive vibes at least for the whole week, there are some people who are just so good in dragging you to the negative side. They must be that old to perfect that hideous attitude. Oh well. Anyhow again, I was on my way to Shangrila Mall to dose myself with caffeine when I thought of dropping to Globe business centre. I was gladly assisted after an hour or so of waiting time and my re-contracting reward was finally processed. Well, my positive ions were right away replenished with this good news! Hubby was still at work that time so as soon as my unit was released, I headed straight to CBTL for my macchiato. It was really beautiful that I'm scared to hold it without a protector! Truly an amazing Steve Jobs' legacy! 


The best his and hers so far

Fast forward to January 19 - hubby's unit was also then released and he chose the black edition. I thought, this was the best his and hers since we got married. What's good about it is that we didn't need to shell out a huge amount as this was part of Globe loyalty rewards. I'm with the network since 1999 and had my postpaid line in 2007. I'm just so happy that we both have our dream gadget almost at the same time.

Being 24/7 connected on social networking sites, I've explored a bit on the free apps such as Insta Place. This is somehow a good replacement for Foursquare? I also love taking photos on Instagram as a sort of stress-reliever. Follow me @Onegutsymom. :)

IMG_0772

And with the recent 6.1 iOS update, who am I to deny that Internet speed has been this fun! See stats below. Our location made it possible to personally experience it day or night. LTE is available on selected areas at the moment but this is entirely something to look forward to. Our country deserves this and most importantly - the subscribers! How was your first purchases so far? Hope you enjoyed it much as we do..

IMG_0784

xx,
OneGutsyMom

6 comments:

  1. Impressive. I wish I could afford an iPhone :). I'm not exactly a gadget geek, but that certainly makes life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! i would love to change my iphone 3gs into the very latest ones haha! will update my iphone also soon hihi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly does, I like that I can respond to emails right away. Check out Globe/Smart postpaid plans, there may be something that suits your iphone budget. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, his&hers Iphone. =). Instaplace is a neat app, I wonder if it's offered on Android.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you got it a day after new year! Congrats! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. yaniconquistadora6 February 2013 at 03:38

    Insta place! Some of my friends are using that already. Will try that app too! I'm dying to have a phone like that.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! xx